Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Finally!

I got my new bike over the long weekend. Perfect timing for getting out and doing a couple of rides.
This weekend:
Saturday: 38 mile ride - first time in the aero position - sore neck and shoulders.

Sunday: 1 mile swim, 30 minutes on trainer - practiced staying in aero position and relaxing neck and shoulders. Also switched out saddle for one with a hole in the middle - much more comfortable!

Monday: 38 mile ride - spent majority of the ride in aero and felt much less stress on my neck. Ride felt really good - smooth and fast. I still don't have a computer yet, so not sure of my speed, but certainly am finding the new bike faster and easier.

Tuesday: Rest day - travel to BC

Wednesday: 30 minutes on elyptical machine at 5:30am. Felt really good to get up and get something in before a very busy day at work starting with 7am meeting!

Looking forward to a couple of days in CO complete with swimming in an outdoor lap pool :), hiking and trail runs - assuming I can breathe at that altitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment