Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oh No

So we have a race coming up in less than 2 weeks. I haven't spent much time preparing. I'm just hoping I make it through the run.

Since we returned from CO, I've done:

2 x 1:30 - 1:45 bike rides in BC with Stacey on my tri bike.
2 x 45 minute swims in the pool in BC
4.5 mile run last weekend with Duke at the lake
6 mile run with Stacey in BC yesterday

Swimming is fine. Biking feels good - I described myself as feeling like I was "flying" the other day - the new bike is a huge improvement - it just FEELS better. The run is ok, not sure how my legs are going to feel once I get done with 40 miles on the bike, but I figure I will get it done one way or another.

Once this race is done, I need to get my shit together and get back to training for Oceanside. Evan says he will help coach me by setting up a plan and helping me understand HR training, etc. I guess I should figure out how to work my new Garmin Forerunner! And then I need to get my head in the right place and focused on preparing for Oceanside. Clearly, I am not there for this race in early October, but need to get there for the half!

Heading to Santa Barbara, CA tomorrow. Hope to get some swimming in and to run with my friend Katie. She's a great running partner and it will be nice to have some time to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment