Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Still Waiting ....

Spent last weekend in Louisville keeping Evan company until the Ironman race on Sunday morning. The weather in Louisville was miraclously PERFECT and allowed Conor and I to get in some time on the road and in the water.

Friday, August 28: Ride: 1 hour (1st part of bike course) avg 17.2 mph; followed by 15 min run
The bike was ok - we got buzzed A LOT since it was a high traffic road and rush hour on Friday. Plus I don't think the folks in Louisville have a grasp on how to handle bikes on the roads yet. Too much buzzing when there was plenty of room to slow down and move over to the other lane! It scares the heck out of me to ride on roads like this and I was actually thankful that I was on Blue Steel and not my new bike where I would still be learning the handling!
The short run was ok as well - my legs were pretty tired for the first 12 minutes, then in the last few I really started to loosen up and settle down. Conor actually mentioned I picked up the pace a bit once I felt more in control. I need to remember that its going to take a bit for the breathing to settle, but that it will and at that point I will feel strong again.

Saturday, August 29: Swim in the BEAUTIFULLY BROWN Ohio River - 30 minutes (ish). Again, part of the swim course with other athletes - this was nice practice swimming without wetsuit and having to sight for my line. I love the swim. Spent the afternoon reading more of "Born to Run" - which is becoming more and more addictive.

Sunday, August 30: Race day - no activity except walking and driving and running around to catch a glimpse of Evan on the race!

Monday, August 31: Ride 1 hour same road - avg 17.1 mph - did the same route. Then head out on the drive back home.

Tuesday, September 1: Ride 15 minutes on Blue Steel to John & Nancy's to have Evan help me take my pedals off in prep for getting my new bike on Friday afternoon! Then spending most of the evening helping my mom with Grandma deal with car wreck aftermath.

I'm looking forward to getting the new bike on Friday and am hoping for kind weather this weekend so we can do some riding outside! Also need to get in a long run - happy its a long weekend!

1 comment: