Thursday, August 27, 2009

Waiting for my Bike ...

Since last post ....

Tuesday: Swim 2000 -
300 warm up
500 swim
400 pull
300 kick (oh GOD!)
200 swim
100 pull
200 cool down

Overall I felt pretty good in the water. This type of workout is challenging for me - drills and anything with pulling or kicking - I prefer long, consistent swimming. However, I know changing things up a bit and working on specifics is what is going to help me improve. Hence, picking this session for my long swim.

Wednesday was hectic and was my travel day back to Chicago, so it was a rest day.
Today I rode the trainer for 1 hour over lunch and worked up a nice sweat - which feels good. I kept it in the big chain ring and in the middle of the cassette (see my terminology is getting better). I'm still on Blue Steel and a little irritated, no REALLY irritated that Conor aleady has his new bike and I am still suffering away on that piece of crap.

We head to BC tonight to meet up with Evan before we all take off for IM Louisville first thing tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment