Friday, August 21, 2009

Tony, Sonicare and Orbea are GRRRRRREATTT!

Thankfully, I have a relatively flexible job, especially for Corporate America. Thanks Tony! Hence, I was able to get in a mid-afternoon swim yesterday of 2000 yards. Getting in some sort of activity mid-day is a really nice break and refreshes me for a more focused afternoon. The same is true for me with morning exercise, I feel awake and engaged immediately instead of spending the 1st hour of the day trying to wake up. I'd like to make morning and mid day sessions a regular part of my routine - just need to work on getting out of bed and prioritizing my daily calendar!

The swim went really well. I kept it simple to get the distance in the least amount of time.
300 warm up, 1500 swim, 200 cool down (with a couple of balance drills thrown in for fun). During the 1500 I switched breathing sides each 100, which kept my mind occupied and was a nice practice of bilateral breathing without having to breathe less frequently. I tried to focus on stretching out in the water and rotating my hips to create power.

Still waiting for Conor to finish Total Immersion so I can learn a thing or two myself!

Started the day with a 3 mile run with Duke - ran a little faster than normal and by the last mile was warmed up and feeling really good - saying "good morning" to everyone I saw and thinking how awesome it is to see their faces light up as a stranger spoke kindly to them. We too often ignore one another.

Then was off to 2 very important appointments: 8:30am - Dentist, 11am BIKE FITTING! Both were great. No issues at the Dentist and now my teeth are refreshingly clean and I have a new electric toothbrush for BC! Bike fitting was great, a long process, but worth every minute and dollar. I ended up ordering an Orbea Ora TLE. Both Cervelo P2 and Felt B12 could have been ok fits, but more modifications were needed in the stem area than the Orbea. I'm not brand loyal to any bike at this point, so finding the bike that has specs that fit me best was my priority. I'm anxious for it to come in and get out on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment