Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Update

Saturday: Ride with Conor on the North Branch Trail in Chicago burbs. Remarkably, did NOT feel like Chicago. I felt like I was riding through Binder Park Zoo in BC. I mean, without all the zoo animals. The path is paved then entire route and weaves through a beautiful forest preserve, complete with marshes, rivers and lakes. You have to stop to cross roads a few times and the path has LOT of curves and turns which require caution to avoid pedestrians and leisure cyclists. All in all, I would give this path a higher rating than the lakeshore, mostly because of the shade and its a lot less crowded.
We rode 30 miles and I'm estimating, we averaged somewhere around 17-18 mph (not including stops). I felt pretty good, rode the entire way in big chain ring, but had to push out a bit more effort to keep up with Conor. It was a good exercise in a longer ride at a higher effort but still at a pace where I can maintain consistency over time.

Sunday: Started the day with a visit to the dog beach with Duke. I am envious of his energy sometimes. After dog beach, was Girls Brunch, where I proceeded to drink 2 Bloody Marys - which ended up putting a severe damper on any training for Sunday afternoon. Lounging was in order.

Monday: Got in 1500 yards at lunch in the pool.
500 warm up
16 x 50 sprints w/ 10 second rest
200 cool down

Rep 1: 47 seconds
Rep 2 - 5: 50 seconds
Rep 6 - 7: 53 seconds (7 second rest)
Rep 8 - 11: 55 seconds (5 second rest)
Rep: 12 - 16: 55 seconds (10 second rest)

Going to do 30 min on the treadmill for easy run after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment